Reduce Anxiety and Depression
Saturday, June 24
8:00 am-3:00 pm
Hedman Counseling Center
4297 Austin Bluffs Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
All materials and supplies provided.
Lunch on Saturday and all beverages provided.
Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will fill up fast.
Space is limited.
Additional Events and Workshops: Click Here
Have a Workshop Suggestion?: Click Here
Small Group Experiential Workshop
Join us for an experiential, small group workshop to help cope with anxiety and depression through mindfulness.
Most of us feel compassion when a close friend is struggling with anxiety or depression. What would it be like to receive the same caring attention from yourself when you needed it most?
Mindfulness is the first step to turning toward difficult feelings with loving awareness rather than self-criticism. You will learn to enhance your capacity for emotional wellbeing. We can gain a sense of connection and peace during difficult moments in your lives.
Mindfulness promotes the capacity to comfort and soothe ourselves in the moment of fear, sadness or pain. When we suffer, fail, or feel inadequate, we can become overwhelmed with the emotions involved. Mindfulness provides the opportunity to gain skills we perhaps did not receive at children. We can be fully human, in any given moment, and lower our personal levels of anxiety and depression
The workshop includes:
- How to reduce anxiety and depression
- Why mindfulness
- How to integrate it into your everyday
- How to cultivate awareness
- How to practice guided mindfulness exercises
- Better self-care
- Gain self-compassion
- More resources for coping and healing
- Better how to relax and really allow yourself to enjoy it
- Cope more effectively with emotional ups and downs
- How your anxiety and depression are triggered
- Take charge of your life again
- Find specific mindfulness exercises that work best for you