Intro to Yoga for Healing the Mind and Body
Small Group Workshop
You’ve heard yoga is effective for healing anxiety, depression, and trauma. Are you intimidated by the thought of trying yoga? Do you feel like you don't know how to begin? You’ve come to the right place!
Trauma-sensitive yoga is a place to learn how to stay connected to your body when your mind wants to check out. Come be supported in a gentle and safe, pressure-free environment. Ask questions, take breaks, and feel connected. In this introductory workshop, Cindy will help you understand how you hold tension in your body. Such tension patterns are often rooted in past emotional issues and can get stuck in your body for years. Learn how to release and support the healthy choices you’re already making.
If this date does not work for you, but you are interested in the workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to host this workshop on a regular basis and will be glad to inform you when the next one is scheduled.
The workshop includes:
- Learn how to maintain connection to mind and body
- Utilize breath and meditation for self-care
- Gain skills to support your emotional stability after trauma
- Learn how yoga creates conditions for long-term change
- Understand how to use movement to stay present throughout your day
- Cultivate self-awareness
- Learn new tools for healing in a safe environment